Medical Interpreter Training Online (MITO)
This Medical Interpreter Training Online (MITO) program will have a series of live online class sessions in addition to onsite training at Flagler Hospital in St. Augustine, Florida offered to BOTH Deaf Interpreters and Hearing Interpreters. Program participants will meet LIVE online two evenings a month for 2.5 hours each from January through May and ~10 hours of online work a month in addition to attending the onsite training at Flagler Hospital in St. Augustine, Florida from Sunday, February 23rd through Friday, February 28th. Total hours of training: 100 hours. Upon completion of the program 10 CEUs/ACETs will be awarded.
- Deaf Interpreters (if not certified, 5 years or more interpreting experience preferred)
- Hearing Interpreters (certified interpreters given priority)
- Highly motivated individual
- Comfortable with technology
COST: $1,200 for the training (NOT included: airfare, hotel, food for onsite training)
- Fill out online application by December 1st, 2019: https://forms.gle/FGvrLph6FvBdKtLt5
- Wait for notification via e-mail of acceptance by December 9th, 2019 then an invoice will be emailed for payment. First payment of minimum of $600 is due by December 15th, 2019 (can pay in full if prefer).
QUESTIONS?: E-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
More details will be sent out with information packet once accepted into the MITO program.