Medical Interpreter Training Online (MITO)
This Medical Interpreter Training Online (MITO) program will have a series of live online class sessions in addition to TWO weekends of online role-playing (instead of onsite training at Flagler Hospital in St. Augustine, Florida due to COVID-19). This training is offered to BOTH Deaf Interpreters and Hearing Interpreters. Program participants will meet LIVE online two evenings a month for 2.5 hours each from January through May and ~10 hours of online work a month in addition to attending TWO weekends in February and/or March for the role-playing portion. Total hours of training: 100 hours. Upon completion of the program 10 CEUs/ACETs will be awarded: 9.0 PS CEUs and 1.0 PPO CEUs.
- Deaf Interpreters (if not certified, 5 years or more interpreting experience preferred)
- Hearing Interpreters (certified interpreters given priority)
- Highly motivated individual
- Comfortable with technology
COST: $1,200 for the training
- Fill out online application by December 1st, 2020: https://forms.gle/FGvrLph6FvBdKtLt5
- Wait for notification via e-mail of acceptance by December 9th, 2020 then an invoice will be emailed for payment. First payment of minimum of $600 is due by December 15th, 2020 (can pay in full if prefer). Second payment is due February 1st, 2021.
QUESTIONS?: E-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
More details will be sent out with information packet once accepted into the MITO program.